Festival Reel

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 glen

glen
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

G'day,

Am going to be making a short-film, ~12 to 15min and looking for a consultant. Am American currently living in Australia but returning to LA area to make a festival reel. So when I arrive in LA to film in late July, I can hit the ground running.

Please reccommend someone who is technically excellent with the following
1. black and white 16 or 35mm,
2. landscapes with natural lighting (filming in remote locations i.e., no big support trucks),
3. wide angles (6 to 8)mm,
4. telephoto >500mm, or 10 to 12" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes
5. can look at some storyboards and
a. know which primes are needed so knows FOW and DOF without a viewfinder or measuring
b. which film stock is required
6. has good rep with local LA rental houses and labs
7. isn't afraid to junk the way films have been made/look to break new ground

This is my art, so I have a vision and know exactly what I want to put on film, angles, DOF, composition, locations, film permits, insurance, all sorted.

It isn't no-budget so am willing to pay for professional consulting but looking to get value for money as I am personally financing. There are no and will be no for-profit distribution. Any monies that are generated will pay for filming any monies over that are donated to RSPCA. To me what you give away is more important than what you keep.

Aiming for Cannes next year, since this is art, it is my passion, so making money is not what this film is about. Most films are entertainment, meant to have the audience suspend reality to tell a story. This is art, my art, it is meant to pull the audience in. It is meant to make you 'feel', it is to know what it means to be human. The film doesn't dumbly wait for you to look at it. It is also very gestalt, the film doesn't hold the audience by the hand and can and hopefully will be interpreted many different ways.

Want quality but that does not necessary mean the latest and greatest camera or most expensive primes, the right tool for the right job. But I do like the images I've seen of the Arri Ultra Prime 8R. I'm a fan of stripped down/minimalist and 'organic', less cgi/FX the better. All the equipment and crew on the planet doesn't matter if there isn't story that has something to say.

Thanks

glen

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Opal

CineTape

Technodolly

Glidecam

Willys Widgets