#1 Joshua Jackson

Joshua Jackson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Director
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:47 PM

I'm wishing to upgrade a Krasnogorsk-3 with a crystal sync motor. I have yet to purchase any such motor and I need help on what type (Tobin??) and how to install such a motor on the K-3. I understand the absurdity of the "sewing Machine" and sound sync, but I'm ADVENTUROUS! Eh? Any takers?

#2 Kenny N Suleimanagich

Kenny N Suleimanagich
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:58 AM

Almost anyone you ask will recommend just getting something more practical like an Arriflex 16S. The K3 wasn't really designed for sync sound or to even have a motor.

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

I'm wishing to upgrade a Krasnogorsk-3 with a crystal sync motor. I have yet to purchase any such motor and I need help on what type (Tobin??) and how to install such a motor on the K-3. I understand the absurdity of the "sewing Machine" and sound sync, but I'm ADVENTUROUS! Eh? Any takers?

I worry, Clive Tobin crystal sync motor for K-3 not available for sell now. You need ask of Clive.
But, I think, if you will have K-3 with electrical motor, the next your question can be - " need 400 ft film magazine and super wide angle lens ".
That's why, i recommed you to check of information about russian profesisonal 16 mm cine camera Kinor-16 SX-2M.

#4 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

I'm wishing to upgrade a Krasnogorsk-3 with a crystal sync motor. I have yet to purchase any such motor and I need help on what type (Tobin??) and how to install such a motor on the K-3...

Sorry the Tobin crystal motors are discontinued. Crystal motors in general are a near-dead product these days, especially for the K-3 as the motor and installation cost far more than the camera.

Installing the motor yourself if a good way to lop off your nose, ears, fingers and any other assorted protruberances from your body if you are not careful and lucky. The spring in the camera is a death trap if you try to remove it and make the camera lighter. I still have the instructions posted here: http://www.tobincine...com/page50.html

A couple of our dealers may still have stock maybe: Kiev USA and Du-All camera.

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies