#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:02 AM

I just recently was surprised to learn there are apparently 2 styles of Kinor 35C cameras, the 35C and the 35CII. I was under the impression that the mags and lenses would interchange between any 35C and 35H camera bodies. This is not the case however, the Kinor 35CII will apparently enter-change but the Kinor 35C (which I'm assuming is the earlier version) has a much longer throat on the mag and mag lock where it locks onto the camera and and a larger opening where the film feeds into the camera mechanism. Also, though the lenses will interchange, the follow focus has a notched gear rather than a smooth toothed gear edge. Does anyone know if the single sided follow focus for the 35II will work on the 35C? Also what other differences about the 35C and the 35CII should one be aware of? Do they make an adapter so that Kinor 35H mags will work on a 35C camera body and would the mags plug in without causing an electronics problem? B)

#2 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

I just recently was surprised to learn there are apparently 2 styles of Kinor 35C cameras, the 35C and the 35CII. Do they make an adapter so that Kinor 35H mags will work on a 35C camera body and would the mags plug in without causing an electronics problem? B)

35C have " jack-in contact" at power connector between camera and magazine.
[attachment=2362:Kinor_ca...ount_1_1.jpg]

35C2, 35H have other type of socket.
[attachment=2363:Kinor_ca...ount_2_1.jpg]

The plate between camera and magazine have differ length and the magazine lock have differ position too.
35C have long plate, 35H - short,
[attachment=2364:150_cas_load_6.jpg]

35C2 short.
35C2 magazine have magazine locks for 35C and 35H.

The hole for camera pin, inside magazine plate have differ depth.
35C2 compatible with 35H, need modify of hole.

The electronics of magazines similar for 35C, C2, H.
The magazines have DC motors, switch and heaters inside.

#3 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

Olex, this is strange, I must have some kind of hybrid here, it has a socket that is compatible with the 35CII and 35H but has a long plate. I also saw a seller on Ebay selling a 300 meter mag with dual bottom anchor points so it could be used on both the short and long plate Kinors, do you know anything about this, any history on these 35C s?

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 09 July 2007 - 05:34 PM.

#4 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

The second type plug looks like a US 24 pin Amphenol Blue Ribbon connector. I wonder if it is or a slightly different dimensioned Russian version. The US version is in extensive use as the standard connector for the GPIB General Purpose Interface Buss (Agilent version HPIB) used in high end electronic test equipment.

#5 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:41 AM

Olex, this is strange, I must have some kind of hybrid here, it has a socket that is compatible with the 35CII and 35H but has a long plate. I also saw a seller on Ebay selling a 300 meter mag with dual bottom anchor points so it could be used on both the short and long plate Kinors, do you know anything about this, any history on these 35C s?

Possible, anybody replace of mount plate and socket ?
35C socket have not good reputations, that's why, the many mechanics replace sockets on 35H version.

I had 300 m magazine 35C2 with short plate, two versions of locks and 35H socket.
From other side, Kinor-35 cameras had many modification.

About Ampehol Blue Ribbon connector, very interest information.
The russian name of socket : RPM-7-24G-PB-V.
This is super rare part and i had big problem at finding.

I will be glad to compare of sizes of russian and west versions.
I not sure, what this is original russian design with metric steps.
And, if you have possibility to buy a samples of west sockets, we can do test.
The problem with magazine socket topical, because, the power contacts can burn.

The necessary device - adapter for turn of 150 m magazine on vertical position steadicam and crane ( better balancing of weight of camera ).
This is device must have a set of sockets.

#6 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:03 AM

Possible, anybody replace of mount plate and socket ?
35C socket have not good reputations, that's why, the many mechanics replace sockets on 35H version.

I had 300 m magazine 35C2 with short plate, two versions of locks and 35H socket.
From other side, Kinor-35 cameras had many modification.

The necessary device - adapter for turn of 150 m magazine on vertical position steadicam and crane ( better balancing of weight of camera ).
This is device must have a set of sockets.

It's possible, but I doubt it only because I've seen several mags and tis is the first time I have ever seen the "jack-in contact" power connector on any of them plus it looks like it was done at the factory to me and the camera looks like it's socket was done at the factory as well. Perhaps this was one of the later 35C s made and they had gone to the new style sockets. What years were the 35C s made and what years were the 35CII s made? So do they make a mag wedge that has the long plate on the camera side and the short plate on the mag side to adapt the 35H mags to the 35C cameras or is there an adapter that doesn't change the angle of the mag to the camera body? I'd like to be able to use my 35H mags on my 35C camera if this is possible. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 10 July 2007 - 04:05 AM.

Metropolis Post

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC