1 reply to this topic

#1 CJ Henke III

CJ Henke III
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

Ok, now before CS3 I would not have debated, yes FCP is better, but now I am questioning which one to purchase.

Now I am a student so I get a discount for both, which is great, but here is what makes this a tough decision.

CS3 Production Premium = $559.69

Final Cut Pro Studio 2 = $499.99

Now I tend to use after effects for a lot of my special effects. With CS3 being fully integrated with all of the different softwares, I would not have to worry about wasting time to make files (AE Ready).

And if I wanted to do what I could in after effects with Final Cut Studio, I would have to purchase Shake as well.

Shake 4.1 = $249.99

So now I just paid more to work with FCP versus CS3.

Due to the power that shake has, I am still undecided as to which one to go with. I'm not sure how CS3 is supposed to handle on a Mac, but Adobe seems to be making a very competitive product.

Who has one to choose ? and for what reason...

#2 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

Ok, now before CS3 I would not have debated, yes FCP is better, but now I am questioning which one to purchase.

Now I am a student so I get a discount for both, which is great, but here is what makes this a tough decision.

CS3 Production Premium = $559.69

Final Cut Pro Studio 2 = $499.99

Now I tend to use after effects for a lot of my special effects. With CS3 being fully integrated with all of the different softwares, I would not have to worry about wasting time to make files (AE Ready).

And if I wanted to do what I could in after effects with Final Cut Studio, I would have to purchase Shake as well.

Shake 4.1 = $249.99
So now I just paid more to work with FCP versus CS3.
Due to the power that shake has, I am still undecided as to which one to go with. I'm not sure how CS3 is supposed to handle on a Mac, but Adobe seems to be making a very competitive product.
Who has one to choose ? and for what reason...

I prefer AE to motion, but on occasion I prefer Shake to AE. but I would always rather piss in my mouth than use Premier over FCP...

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio