Leslie Bumgarner

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Houston, TX

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

I've just updated my website and reel. Please take a sec to check it out and let me know what you think.

www.lesliebumgarner.com

Any advice is welcome. Thanks

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:32 PM

I've just updated my website and reel. Please take a sec to check it out and let me know what you think.
www.lesliebumgarner.com
Any advice is welcome. Thanks

Hi, Leslie. First of all, you should add your first anme to your display name. It's a rule here.

The website is pretty nice but the windows that each link brings up are much too small. The resume one in particular is way too tiny and I didn't really look at it for that reason. I would make those popups at least large enough to be full width for the document. I would actually reconsider the popups since most people have a popup blocker that may kill half of your website.

#3 Xavier Plaza

Xavier Plaza
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Guayaquil - Ecuador

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

I agree with Chris in all aspects, why you have to show you reel too small ???, your reel is great i like it a lot, really, but too small for me, i don't like when the reel is charging i can't start again the video when is charging, i have to wait until all the reel was charge... just this, anyway great work

#4 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:41 AM

I agree with Chris in all aspects, why you have to show you reel too small ???, your reel is great i like it a lot, really, but too small for me, i don't like when the reel is charging i can't start again the video when is charging, i have to wait until all the reel was charge... just this, anyway great work

Xavier got to something I entirely forgot and I feel a bit bad. Your reel is very nice and your resume is quite impressive. I like a lot of your work, I didn't mean to only give the negative side of the story. Your presentation of everything is the only problem. I checked the site again and you might also see if there is a more efficient way to display your stills. The way you've used is very slow to switch images and is pretty annoying.

#5 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:49 AM

I missed the window to edit my last post, so imaginarily append the following: :lol:

About your reel. There are a few things I would alter or remove. There is a section with some guys in a bar, the guys look like Mexican bandits or something. This shots have no good black and look very washed out because of it. I would see if you can apply some simple contrast correction. If you can't fix the problem the shots should be left out. Also the shots like A Scanner Darkly I don't care for. It kind of "vibrates" on the edges between shades and looks very poorly done. I doubt it was your doing but any unpleasant footage (your fault or not) should be avoided.

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport