#1 Joshua Jackson

Joshua Jackson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Director
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

I am about as green and new to this as it gets. I need some professional heads up. I've been more of an actor than anything for the last 5 years (17 shows, 4 movies, 1 TV) and I've found myself in directing for film lately. I need some professional advice. I've noticed that in acting, green actors are good because they haven't developed any bad habits that you'll have to break them of way down the line. I'm hoping to prevent anything of the sort from happening in my film directing (and cinematography). SOoooo.....I need some advance advice from people in the business of making films and earn a decent wage from doing so. [I'm not knocking anyone who is very talented, but doesn't do paid gigs]. Being an actor, I understand that this is a business. Business (sometimes, unfortunately) means money. Anyway, I type too much. Here's my stuff. Rip me apart and teach me! :)

www.youtube.com/agentJJ22

#2 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:55 AM

"Cursed" Joshua Jackson? Well, it doesn't matter, anywho why would we what to rip you apart, we may have to work with you sometime. How 'bout if we offer some constructive opinions instead, 'course if you WANT us to rip you apart, I'm sure we can accommodate you, but it's really more your decision. :rolleyes: When you figure out how to make a deceit wage making films let me know, as for how to make a movie, well you're already directing movies so I may be going out on a limb here, but I'd say that's a pretty good start. The thing about non actors is that although they haven't learned any bad habits yet, they haven't learned any good ones either, like learning their lines or being about to get their minds off themselves during a scene. Give me well trained, committed actors any day of the week! Oh and about being green, does that mean you blend into the forest REALLY well? :D Anyway, I'll take a look at your little opus here and give you my opiunion for what it's worth. Welcome to the clubhouse, I'll teach ya the secret handshake later. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 14 July 2007 - 02:59 AM.

#3 Joshua Jackson

Joshua Jackson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Director
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

Thanks! :)

Technodolly

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks