#1 marcelo kron

marcelo kron
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Brasil

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hi guys... I'd like to know if anyone ever used the power output jack [dc out] on the sony cameras model DSR390 or any other camera that has the same 4 pin output to feed a LCD monitor.

and what would be the name for this plug as the LCD doesn't carry the same kind of plug to fit the camera

so i'll have to built myself a cable

Tks for any help
marcelokron
www.marcelokron.com.br

#2 Luke Prendergast

Luke Prendergast
  • Sustaining Members
  • 491 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Victoria Australia

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

It's a 4 pin Hirose, pin 1 gnd, 4 +. Sony part no. 1-566-425-11

#3 marcelo kron

marcelo kron
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Brasil

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

Tank you for the fast answer Luke!!

It's a 4 pin Hirose, pin 1 gnd, 4 +. Sony part no. 1-566-425-11

#4 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

Don't do it.

The Hirose 4-pin on most cameras is only rated for about 1amp at 12v, and often a small LCD can exceed this. If you burn out the fuse you will have to send the camera in for service as it is soldered to an internal board.

Does your battery mount have a 2-pin D-tap connector on the side? This is a port originated by Anton Bauer for their Gold mount but has been adopted by numerous other manufacturers. This 12v port can handle up to 10amps, so you will never tax it witha little LCD screen, even if you split a bunch of other accessories off it such as oncamera light, wireless mikes video transmitter, etc. The Hirose 4-pin is really only for wireless mike receivers, which usually are only a couple of hundred milliamps.

#5 marcelo kron

marcelo kron
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Brasil

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hi Mitch!! Thank you very much!!! I don't have yet the camcorder here to see if there is any DC out from battery mount... do you know if there is one on the Sony V mount batters? I would like to use a lcd monitor on the top of the camera for my director to see what I am making even though when camera in the shoulder

I don't know yet if goes to be a Sony DSR 570 or a DSR 390

regards
marcelokron.com.br

Don't do it.

The Hirose 4-pin on most cameras is only rated for about 1amp at 12v, and often a small LCD can exceed this. If you burn out the fuse you will have to send the camera in for service as it is soldered to an internal board.

Does your battery mount have a 2-pin D-tap connector on the side? This is a port originated by Anton Bauer for their Gold mount but has been adopted by numerous other manufacturers. This 12v port can handle up to 10amps, so you will never tax it witha little LCD screen, even if you split a bunch of other accessories off it such as oncamera light, wireless mikes video transmitter, etc. The Hirose 4-pin is really only for wireless mike receivers, which usually are only a couple of hundred milliamps.

#6 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

There are different versions of the mount, but I believe there is one on there. If not you could get a new mount for about $100 and the cable custom made for about the same.

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Abel Cine