#1 Thomas Worth

Thomas Worth
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Director
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

Here's a 1 minute teaser for a music video I just shot in Istanbul, Marrakech and Prague for a Turkish pop artist. The video will be about 4 minutes once it's completed, but we wanted to show the client something right away.

It was shot on an HVX200 (NTSC) in 720p (for PAL SD delivery), cut in FCP and color corrected in Combustion.

http://rarevision.co...r_now-608-2.mp4

#2 Timothy Wallace

Timothy Wallace
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

Thomas,

I can't speak for anyone else, but nothing ever came up for me, either in MSIE or FireFox. (That might be why there have been no comments on it so far.)

Tim

#3 Timothy Wallace

Timothy Wallace
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

Never mind ? it was my system that was the problem.

Purely in terms of the imagery, rhythm, visual flow, etc. (having no clue what the text means or what your client's ultimate goal is), I think it's some nicely done work, though a few of the very early shots seemed a bit out-of-focus (which didn't seem intentional since the balance of the shots were focused on something).

Tim

#4 Rolfe Klement

Rolfe Klement
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Director
  • London | LA

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

Wow - was that staged or was it "documentry"

Weird to get an insight into the fragility of Arab life

thanks

Rolfe

#5 Michael Nash

Michael Nash
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3330 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Pasadena, CA

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

Your link crashes Safari when the file starts to download. I was able to view it with Firefox, but the file had significant audio hickups.

#6 Josh Brokenbourgh

Josh Brokenbourgh
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Student
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

How is it dealing with a tank? haha.

Yeah I thought it was cool, good mix of shots, nice consistency of color pallet, and motion- love the molotov cocktail scene. The tank sequence is nice. Those first few shots are out of focus. Like the c/u on the girls eyes too.

#7 Martin Yernazian

Martin Yernazian
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Director
  • San Francisco/Los Angeles CA USA

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

This was great, great shots man

#8 Thomas Worth

Thomas Worth
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Director
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, I don't know why the director chose the out-of-focus stuff, I mean, we had plenty of stuff that was in focus. The shoot was very run-and-gun doc-style, which I didn't think I'd like but actually enjoyed while I was over there. It certainly kept the shoot interesting.

The tank was awesome! It was so loud and menacing! I actually rode on it for a couple shots. It was pretty fast, too. I believe it is an actual Russian T-72.

I posted a QuickTime version of the video in case anyone is having trouble watching the MPEG4 version:

http://rarevision.co...r_now-608-2.mov

#9 Alex Ellerman

Alex Ellerman
  • Sustaining Members
  • 228 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

I thought it was great - the out of focus stuff gave it a real documentary feel... the music really pushes the energy... i felt like the bottom drops out when the pretty lady in the black outfit appears... it's a tonal shift i just wasn't ready for... i would go for something lesser but that's just me. very interesting spot.

#10 Xavier Plaza

Xavier Plaza
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Guayaquil - Ecuador

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

Here's a 1 minute teaser for a music video I just shot in Istanbul, Marrakech and Prague for a Turkish pop artist. The video will be about 4 minutes once it's completed, but we wanted to show the client something right away.

It was shot on an HVX200 (NTSC) in 720p (for PAL SD delivery), cut in FCP and color corrected in Combustion.

http://rarevision.co...r_now-608-2.mp4

Hi Thomas great footage look good. Did you use any additional lenses on HVX200 or just the camera??

#11 Thomas Worth

Thomas Worth
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Director
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:14 AM

Hi Thomas great footage look good. Did you use any additional lenses on HVX200 or just the camera??

We used both the Century Optics 2x tele-converter and the 0.6X wide adapter. I was happy with both except for the fact that the tele-converter pretty much has to be used at full telephoto. Hand-holding at 2X on full zoom is definitely a challenge.

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Technodolly

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Abel Cine