#1 Joshua Jackson

Joshua Jackson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Director
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

I opened this topic so that we might post the post houses with the best deals and provide hookups for our fellow DPs and Directors. Let's get together and post the best posthouses (USA, UK, anywhere!)

To start:
South EAST/ GEORGIA
Posthouse.com
Processing for super 16mm: Around $.12/foot
Transfer: Video/Data $185 with 1-2 day turnaround. Expect another $60-100 for transfers to minidv, DVD, D1, etc. Pretty good deals for transfer customers.

#2 Jon Kukla

Jon Kukla
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Other

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

This is a bad idea - many places do deals on a case-by-case basis, and generally don't take kindly to someone saying "but you did film X for price Y! Not fair!" I mean, I'm not against recommending places that you feel did a good deal, but I wouldn't try to create price comparison charts, because pricing is always a fluid thing.

As for posthouse.com (CinePost), they farm out their processing to CineFilm in Atlanta. I've no idea if they do package deals or if it would be cheaper to go directly with the lab and then go to CP for transfer, though. They have a Rank Mk 3. You can also get a much better price if you're willing to do a standby transfer (slower turnaround).

#3 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Jon's right. Labs and post houses don't have set prices even though they may advertise them. Who you are, how much money you've already spent with them, and especially, how much of your total post you do with them will affect the prices of individual services. As well, how desperate they may be at that moment for cash flow... but you didn't hear me say that.

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

CineTape