8 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie Lewis

Jamie Lewis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

Zodiac releases tomorrow as an ultra bare bones DVD. Paramount is doing a double dip in 2008.
So if you were planning on getting it, hold off and rent it from the library for free or something so studios get the hint this double dipping crap has to stop!

http://www.movieweb....ws/29/21329.php

#2 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:10 PM

To the people who want to see 'Zodiac' I always recommend to see 'Memories of Murder' instead. The similarities are striking, but MoM is the much better film.

#3 Dan Salzmann

Dan Salzmann
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1143 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Paris, France

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

Seconded. Far more interesting cinematography.

#4 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

Just be sure to not even give "THE Zodiac" a chance...horrible, horrible straight to DVD movie.

#5 William A Chapman Jr

William A Chapman Jr
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Other
  • Oly, WA, U.S.A

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:58 AM

Just be sure to not even give "THE Zodiac" a chance...horrible, horrible straight to DVD movie.

I'll Probaly rent it, My father and uncle knew the taxi driver that was killed a few blocks from thier house.

#6 Patrick McGowan

Patrick McGowan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • P.A.
  • Brooklyn, NY

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

I saw part of The Zodiac on showtime and it was just awful. But, they did make that movie first.

#7 Giles Sherwood

Giles Sherwood
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

To the people who want to see 'Zodiac' I always recommend to see 'Memories of Murder' instead. The similarities are striking, but MoM is the much better film.

Memories of Murder was pretty great and I've always been amused by how similar it and Zodiac are, but I have to say I probably prefer Zodiac, if just for the fact that MoM's ending was jarringly melodramatic. I didn't feel like it fit with the film at all. Memories of Murder showed a lot of promise I don't think Joon-ho Bong lived up to until The Host.

Both are basically the best serial killer films since Kurosawa's Cure, though. Has anyone seen the Korean thriller "Tell Me Something"? I remember it looking really neat when I saw the trailer years ago, but I was never sure if it was worth watching.

#8 Jamie Lewis

Jamie Lewis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

And in one of the quickest double dips.....

http://www.movieweb....ws/36/22836.php
We first reported here that there was going to be a Director's cut version of Zodiac coming to DVD, but now according to DVD Times this new, 2-disc version will be hitting stores January 8th from Paramount Home Entertainment.

This release will be a 2-disc set on DVD and it will also be available on HD-DVD.

#9 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:06 AM

And in one of the quickest double dips.....

http://www.movieweb....ws/36/22836.php
We first reported here that there was going to be a Director's cut version of Zodiac coming to DVD, but now according to DVD Times this new, 2-disc version will be hitting stores January 8th from Paramount Home Entertainment.

This release will be a 2-disc set on DVD and it will also be available on HD-DVD.

Same thing happened with Panic Room. Personally i love finchers films and the attention he gives to the special edition dvds. At least they let us know in advance that a 2 disc was on the way - was there ever any doubt?

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

The Slider

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Ritter Battery