Jon Ungar

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Sound Department

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Hi-

I was wondering if someone could answer a ? i have about a 400 ft magazine to use with a bolex ebm. Do I need to have the mm motor for it to work, or will it do fine without it using the built in electric motor on the camera. That way all I'd need to purchase to use 400' reels is the magazine? I appreciate the help, thanks :)

jon

#2 Herb Montes

Herb Montes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Other
  • Gulf Coast of Texas

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

Hi-

I was wondering if someone could answer a ? i have about a 400 ft magazine to use with a bolex ebm. Do I need to have the mm motor for it to work, or will it do fine without it using the built in electric motor on the camera. That way all I'd need to purchase to use 400' reels is the magazine? I appreciate the help, thanks :)
jon

You will need the separate MM motor to drive the magazine for your EBM.

#3 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

Hi-

jon

Jon,

You can download a free PDF copy of the Bolex EBM manual and a manual for the Bolex 400 ft magazine by going to the Manuals and Docs section of this forum. Or by visiting the link below:

Bolex EBM, and 400 ft magazine manuals in PDF form

-Tim

#4 Kip Kubin

Kip Kubin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Director

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:18 AM

Hi-

jon

All bolex magazines use an external motor to drive the film stock. Both motors (Cam and Mag) use the camera's battery not the camera's motor.

You can find the motors fairly cheep on ebay to use or get spairs. Also I should point out that the motors are detachable so If you just have one motor it can be switched to whatever magazine you are loading.

Hope that helps

Kip

#5 Justin Lovell

Justin Lovell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Toronto

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

I've got 2 bolex 400' mags with new motors for sale if anyone is interested PM me.

#6 ericyeong

ericyeong
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

I've got 2 bolex 400' mags with new motors for sale if anyone is interested PM me.

Hi Justin, Is your Bolex 400' magazines and motors still available for sale? Thanks, Eric.

#7 Justin Lovell

Justin Lovell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Toronto

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:18 AM

sorry!

Just sold 'em complete for 200$.

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS