#1 Salvador M. Rodrigues

Salvador M. Rodrigues
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Director
  • Lisbon, Portugal

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

I'm planning on doing some s8 experimental shoots. I would like to film in negative due to the wider range of film available and also the 500 asa. I'm planning on having the film developed and then telecined so that I can edit offline. However, I would like a final reversal copy so that I can project with a s8 projector.

Can someone enlight me on the process of "reverse telecine " ? Am I looking for something really expensive?

Many Thanks,

SMR

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

I'm planning on doing some s8 experimental shoots. I would like to film in negative due to the wider range of film available and also the 500 asa. I'm planning on having the film developed and then telecined so that I can edit offline. However, I would like a final reversal copy so that I can project with a s8 projector.

Can someone enlight me on the process of "reverse telecine " ? Am I looking for something really expensive?

Many Thanks,

SMR

check out black and white film factory in Canada, they used to do Super 8 prints from video or data sources. Also, I believe that there is a place in Europe that does Super 8 printing. I am sorry to be so vague. However, the much much much easier route is to shoot reversal in the first place. Or you could try to shoot your own stuff off of a LCD monitor. Poke around the web or these boards for info on an LCD kinescope, which is essentially what you would be doing.

chris

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine