New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director
  • Dallas, Tx

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

Hi - my name is Jon,

I'm from Dallas, Tx. I am currently putting my short script "The MadMan" into production. I have no background on camera, sound, lighting and whatever else it takes to complete a film. All I have is passion and heart, and my raw talent as a screenwriter.

Anyways... my question is, can I get a good S16mm camera for 4-5K, and would it be through online buying?

#2 Kirk Anderson

Kirk Anderson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Other

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hey man,
welcome to the forum. Check out the search feature and look through the past posts, this question has been answered hundreds of times. After you read a couple you can ask some more specific questions about certain models, pros and cons, etc.
search for:
Eclaie NPR, ACL
Arri SR I II III
CP-16
Just to name a few sync sound cams that can be super16 for under 5K.
Kirk

#3 Herb Montes

Herb Montes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Other
  • Gulf Coast of Texas

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

Hi - my name is Jon,

I'm from Dallas, Tx. I am currently putting my short script "The MadMan" into production. I have no background on camera, sound, lighting and whatever else it takes to complete a film. All I have is passion and heart, and my raw talent as a screenwriter.

Anyways... my question is, can I get a good S16mm camera for 4-5K, and would it be through online buying?

If you have no experience with all the handson aspects of making a film then you need to find a filmmaker with a camera who has the same kind of passion. Find people with the skills you need to make your film a reality. I'm in Texas but on the Gulf coast. Best of luck with your dream.

#4 David Auner aac

David Auner aac
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

Hi Jon,

I second Herb's advice. No need to know and do everything yourself. Film making is a team experience, find someone who shares your passion in making films but on the technical side. To bad you're in Texas, I'd love to shoot your picture! All the best of luck and go get yourself a good crew!

Cheers, Dave

#5 andres victorero

andres victorero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

I sell an Aaton S16 LTR7 camera for 3000 $ with one mag + handgrip. The camera runs up to 54 fps. like aatons LTR54.
Aaton LTR7 S16 camera is for my taste the best and valuable s16 camera in a range from 3-5K.
An ACL converted to s16 or NPR are cameras that are one step down. Arri Sr S16 are much more expensive than Aaton LTR7.

Visual Products

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery