Brooklyn filmtech

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:47 AM

Hello all -
I'm considering buying the S-2 Microscope (not the same as the more common R-2 collimator). Richter states that "when used with Precision Lens Standards this unit can verify and calibrate focus scales on lens mounts to high accuracy".

Does anyone an opinion about this? How would you compare it's ability to let you do a critical examination of focus to other methods - lens projector, collimator, film tests, etc.?

Is there anyone in the New York area who uses one that I can look at (through) briefly before I buy?

Thank you (for everything)

Jon

#2 ovidiu m

ovidiu m

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hello all -
I'm considering buying the S-2 Microscope (not the same as the more common R-2 collimator). Richter states that "when used with Precision Lens Standards this unit can verify and calibrate focus scales on lens mounts to high accuracy".

Does anyone an opinion about this? How would you compare it's ability to let you do a critical examination of focus to other methods - lens projector, collimator, film tests, etc.?

Is there anyone in the New York area who uses one that I can look at (through) briefly before I buy?

Thank you (for everything)

Jon

Hello
I'm interested to buy a S-2 Microscope as I have the information that it is possible to set the distance scale of a lens with it.
I'm not sure if it is possible to set the infinity with S-2 Microscope, but you can do for sure that with R-2 Autocollimator
like one I use.
Thanks
Ovidiu
www.cinematographer.ro

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post