#1 Brian E Ray

Brian E Ray

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows anything about a sproketless projector for 16mm or super 16mm. I have been using 2 old Ampro Jan projectors with star wheel and with torque motors on the take up reels for years and have finally tired of fighting this equipment. I know that you are probably thinking that I should just get my material scanned and be done with it and view in a HD format. The problem is that I have thousands of hours of footage to go through that was shot in the 60's 70's and eighties to go through and can't afford to digitally scan all of this material.

I really apriiciate your help!

#2 Mark Dunn

Mark Dunn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:36 AM

If you don't actually need to project, just view, second-hand Steenbecks are very cheap now. Mine cost £75. I don't know where you are, though. They're commoner in the UK and Europe than the US.

#3 Christian Appelt

Christian Appelt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

Steenbeck and Kem editing tables are the best solution. Make sure you have it serviced by a pro because even with a flatbed, you can damage film. It's important to have the correct tension on both takeup and feed platters. If you can get a small rewind table, even better. Saves a lot of time in rewinding, and don't forget a decent splicer...

Of course, you could rent an editing room if one is available in your area.

#4 rafael ludescher

rafael ludescher
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Student
  • Vienna, Austria

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

If you don't actually need to project, just view, second-hand Steenbecks are very cheap now. Mine cost £75. I don't know where you are, though. They're commoner in the UK and Europe than the US.

im sorry for this newbie question, but how does this table work with digitalising ?

i have the problem that (even though i have a proffessional cinema projector) i cant film it with HD because the step from 24frames (projector) and the 25frames (HDcamera) make the picture flicker ?

gr.rF

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

CineLab