Mathias Deichmann

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

I hope one of you ACs can help!
I just bought an A-minima, and would like to know a couple of things.

1. Video-assist
Aaton make an assist. Its black and white and cost a fortune. But theres a company in Ohio callled visualproducts (.com) that make a fairly priced color assist. Has any of you working experience with this unit, or are there other solutions. any hints will be very welcome.

2. Handles
Again Aaton make a wallnut handle, but i wonder if this is the best solution. I would like to get my hand further out for stability. Has any used Blue Handles with the A-minima, and if so, how where they mounted (there no rosette)

Thats it. Thanx for any suggestions.

Mathias Deichmann

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

I hope one of you ACs can help!
I just bought an A-minima, and would like to know a couple of things.

1. Video-assist
Aaton make an assist. Its black and white and cost a fortune. But theres a company in Ohio callled visualproducts (.com) that make a fairly priced color assist. Has any of you working experience with this unit, or are there other solutions. any hints will be very welcome.

2. Handles
Again Aaton make a wallnut handle, but i wonder if this is the best solution. I would like to get my hand further out for stability. Has any used Blue Handles with the A-minima, and if so, how where they mounted (there no rosette)

Thats it. Thanx for any suggestions.

Mathias Deichmann

Visual products' color tap is nice. I used an a-minima with one for a few shorts. I never missed conventional handles the way the camera is designed. For handheld stuff, just hold the existing handle on the dumb side and sort of hug it to your shoulder. It's very stable that way. The problem is that if the camera is any higher than that, you can't properly see through the viewfinder because of the narrow angle of view design of it and that it doesn't really move much.

CineTape

Abel Cine

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio