#1 cody nelson

cody nelson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

I have been into photography for a while now. planning on getting a rebel xt soon. but have also been interested in making movies and videos since i was very young. i love how the xl2's look and work.

my real questions i guess then is if i wanted to get into to filming for commercials and things like that would i need to get a film camera or would digital work? are film mostly for the big screen or what?

thanks for any help. :P

#2 Jason Love

Jason Love
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Student
  • UK

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:10 AM

I have been into photography for a while now. planning on getting a rebel xt soon. but have also been interested in making movies and videos since i was very young. i love how the xl2's look and work.

my real questions i guess then is if i wanted to get into to filming for commercials and things like that would i need to get a film camera or would digital work? are film mostly for the big screen or what?

thanks for any help. :P

I'm no expert, but I would say get a digital camera to start; on the basis that film is expensive. Plus video should be fine for just commercials and stuff. The quality of DV is good enough for anything up until a feature film really. (Thats just an opinion though i guess) But if you got loads of money then I guess you could get a film camera with lots of film.

It also depends what look you want aesthetically. If you are making short films then 16mm film might be what you want. But for most commercials, music videos, corporate videos etc... then I would say dont waste your money on reels and reels of film, get a DV camera.

(Like I said though, just my opinion)

#3 cody nelson

cody nelson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

thanks for the advice : )

Visual Products

Abel Cine