New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other
  • Holland Europe

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:56 AM

Hello HD content creators,

We have an issue when capturing 720p/25 (over 50p) material shot on a hdx-900, using the hd-1700 deck. The strange thing is we cannot set the deck properly to get an image. We only get blocks coming out which seems to indicate there is something wrong with our settings. Has anyone experience with hdx-900 tapes (Fujifilm DP121-66M ) on a hd-1700 deck ?

I know the record format of the hdx-900 is DVCPRO HD EX (a.k. L.P). The camera uses medium "normal - yellow" DVCPRO tapes to record HD EX. This means the record gap is 9 micron instead of 18 micron. In my opinion 9 micron recorded tapes can be played on a HD-1700...

Can anyone confirm this is possible?... according various recources** this should be possible but I tried a variety of settings but nothing seems to work. I cannot find a setting in the deck the VTR sould read at 9 micron. I assume when you manually set the playbackformat to HD LP, the deck should recognise the tape and play it well. I also tried different systemfrequencies like 50 and 25/HD instead. When I set the systemfreq to 50 I cannot change the PB format anymore. Doesn't the HD-1700 play 720 @ 50hz ? On PB auto the deck says the tape is 720P LP but it doesnt show a normal image, only blocks.

Maybe anyone has a clue what's the problem ?

tx for input,

Tom Schneider
Solotom / air-time.tv
Holland / Europe

**High Definition LP Mode:

DVCPRO equipment that is capable of recording in DVCPRO HD-LP mode (a.k.a EX format) utilizes a more precise record head that has the ability to record a track pitch that is only 9-microns wide. That is half as wide as the conventional DVCPRO record heads, which is 18-microns. Therefore, when using the DVCPRO HD-LP mode it is possible to double the record time without any loss of quality.

As of now, the only DVCPRO equipment that is capable of recording in the 9-micron mode are: AJ-HD1700, AJ-HD1200, and AJ-HD1400 decks as well as the new AJ-HDX-900 camera.

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC