#1 G McMahon

G McMahon
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hello all,

Apologies, there are far too many pages on reels to wade through.

Four months ago, I released a reel to moderate success. I am about to release my next one.

My first reel was devided as such, drama/ lighting/ 2nd unit montage, corporate/ documentary and last a cut sequences page.

I am at a loss with the new reel. Questions:
1. Do I follow the same track (I do not see the point in really updating my corporate, didn't really grab footage from work I did)?
2. Do I keep some of the old footage which I still believe makes the grade, or do companies want to only see the latter stuff?
3. If I do not keep the old footage, do I just mix all the new footage together and attach the old reels as an option?
4. Regarding the montage, should I try and block the shots to projects, or scenes, or just go hard out of the blocks with my stronger stuff at the front?
5. My opinion is to show diversity in the looks of the work I have done, even though there may be no dynamic to the shot, is that prudent?

A side note. A short I have shot, the producer is being a child about letting me have the footage even though the project has been finished and screened. Besides being the right thing to do, do I have any legal legs to stand on to obtain this footage?

Thank you,

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

The Slider

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine