#1 oscar jimenez

oscar jimenez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • PANAMA, REPUBLIC OF PANAMA

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

I just wanted to comment that Ive just saw Astronaut Farmer, finally, funny that was on a flight from Beijing to LA, man what a surprise, Story and Script were very intersting and different, and of course, very amazing cinematography, the same goes last year, finally got to see Akela and the Bee, that was on another flight from Buenos Aires to New Zealand, man again, that was a real surprise, what a great cinematography, congratulations certainly Mr Mullen, you must be one of the happiest cinematographers no doubt.
Cheers
Oscar

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19769 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

I just wanted to comment that Ive just saw Astronaut Farmer, finally, funny that was on a flight from Beijing to LA, man what a surprise, Story and Script were very intersting and different, and of course, very amazing cinematography, the same goes last year, finally got to see Akela and the Bee, that was on another flight from Buenos Aires to New Zealand, man again, that was a real surprise, what a great cinematography, congratulations certainly Mr Mullen, you must be one of the happiest cinematographers no doubt.
Cheers
Oscar

Well... I'd be even happier if people saw my anamorphic films on something other than an airplane's TV monitor, but I suppose some exposure is better than none. It's a good test of the storytelling when you can pay attention to the movie even on an airplane ride in the worst viewing conditions possible...

What I like most about those two particularly movies is that my parents and their friends can watch and enjoy them, they have a very broad family appeal. Plus I'm proud of my work on those films.

#3 Tom Lowe

Tom Lowe
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Director
  • somewhere worshipping Terrence Malick

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Northfork showcases some beautiful photography, for those who've not seen it.

Edited by Tom Lowe, 22 September 2007 - 10:08 PM.

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

The Slider

CineLab

Paralinx LLC