New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New Mexico, USA

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:39 AM

Gentlemen,
I just got a 2C with HS gate with Cine motor whose electronics have apparently been overhauled: Upon removing the bottom plate, I discovered that part of the inner side had been milled out to receive apparently new TCS electronics. The "corrugated" belt attaching the motor to camera looked brand new.
Using a tachspeed gun we clocked the camera's crystal as dead on at speeds from 23.9 to 30fps.

Does anyone know about these Cine motor "conversions?
I have an email to Clive...

The camera is clean otherwise,
Scratch tests of all the mags at various speeds yielded pristine results.

The camera is a 14000s serial #. I'm pretty psyched

Steadiness registration test is next before warranty runs out.

Any thoughts on what I've got here
Thanks,
John

Attached Images

• 2322_0.jpg
  • d477_0.jpg
  • d4cb_0.jpg

#2 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

Congrats, Dude!! That is awesome! It looks like a sweet rig, Now all you need is a blimp and you're G to G. (Well, that and the money to get some film and process it :D ) How many mags, lenses, ect came with package?

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

Gentlemen,
I just got a 2C with HS gate with Cine motor whose electronics have apparently been overhauled: Upon removing the bottom plate, I discovered that part of the inner side had been milled out to receive apparently new TCS electronics. The "corrugated" belt attaching the motor to camera looked brand new.
Using a tachspeed gun we clocked the camera's crystal as dead on at speeds from 23.9 to 30fps.

Does anyone know about these Cine motor "conversions?
I have an email to Clive...

Can you send me more pictures with better resolution on my direct email olex.camera@gmail.com,
especially of pictures from underbody at motor, belt and other.
I can study of possibilities to install of our microprocessor controllers at this version of "conversions".
If you interested, i can inform you about all versions of our controllers from 16 speeds version up to version with speed synthesizer with step 0.001 fps.
The our controllers use for upgrade of electronics of Konvas, Kinor and other cameras.

#4 John Golden Britt

John Golden Britt

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New Mexico, USA

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

Congrats, Dude!! That is awesome! It looks like a sweet rig, Now all you need is a blimp and you're G to G. (Well, that and the money to get some film and process it :D ) How many mags, lenses, ect came with package?

I got no lenses: 3 400 mags and 1 200, an extra VS motor, cases, 1:85 ground glass. I'm looking for a set of Std or Bayonet Primes to cover 35mm. Any ideas?
Thanks for your enthusiasm!
John

#5 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:15 AM

Just the standard answer, dude. ebay. You could check some of the used camera equipment places but they ain't a gonna be cheap, ebay, at least you got a chance of gettin a deal. :D

#6 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:39 AM

I got no lenses: 3 400 mags and 1 200, an extra VS motor, cases, 1:85 ground glass. I'm looking for a set of Std or Bayonet Primes to cover 35mm. Any ideas?
Thanks for your enthusiasm!
John

What I discovered in the last few weeks, from talking with different camera dealers, is that since the Red camera came out, and a few other HD cameras like the Red that can use ARRI PL mount 35mm lenses, the inventory of used 35mm motion picture camera lenses, especially the good ones like the Zeiss and Cookes, has disappeared. Nobody has any. Really a shame.

-Tim

The Slider

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery