#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:20 AM

Is there anyplace I can get some free budget forms for films, I'm not really talking line item forms though that would be good but a general budget form geared to indy, low budget films and / or music video, commercial forms? I know there are some in the budgeting books but there has to be some free ones out there. Thanks-The Captain B)

#2 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

Note to self: If we need the actual budget forms for free, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the movie :D

R,

#3 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

Hey James,

I looked through my files for one budget template that I had but I can't find it now. I got it off the internet 4 years or so ago. Have you googled it yet?

#4 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

Hey, again, James,

All I can find are old budgets made from that Excel template I pulled off the net. Give me your email addy and I'll send one as an attachment. It runs on Excel.

#5 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:01 AM

Note to self: If we need the actual budget forms for free, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the movie :D

R,

Low Budget Independent Film-making Rulebook

Rule 1-Use whatever you have or can lay your hands on for free.
Rule 2- Never buy anything you can get for free.
Rule 3-Cut costs at every opportunity so long as it does not adversely effect production values to a major extent.
Rule 4-Do everything possible to stay under budget through all phases of the film-making process so long as those measures do not conflict with Rule 3.
Rule 5-Substitute creativity for cash whenever possible.

See, you're not thinking like a low budget film producer, save everywhere you can and get EVERYTHING you can for free! It's not like I can't go buy forms if I have to or the software to make them but why buy them? Why not use that cash somewhere else if I can? Making movies in expensive and every penny you save in extraneous costs can be put up on the screen .... I mean what do I have to loose, besides, I hate to say it but a lot of time, what you can find for free is damn near as good as what you pay for, so why buy until I've checked out what's available. This started because a friend of mine who asked me to do a spec budget for a music video he's bidding. I was gonna buy that budget book with the software in it but I thought why not see if there's a budget form on the net and have it handy until I do that in case an investor want to look at a business plan so I asked for both. If these forms work and are not much more trouble than what can be bought, then why buy them? B)
BTW, that was very funny :lol:

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 31 August 2007 - 02:04 AM.

#6 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

Hey, again, James,

All I can find are old budgets made from that Excel template I pulled off the net. Give me your email addy and I'll send one as an attachment. It runs on Excel.

COOL, Thanks Paul. My email is Capt.video@hotmail.com B)

#7 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:11 AM

Hey, again, James,

Hey Paul, thanks for the Excel budget template. It's great. I owe ya one. If anyone else has a different one I'd like to look at that as well just for comparison if for no other reason. Again, thanks Paul, you da man- The Captain B)

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS