Brian Rose
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Student
  • Kansas City area

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

Hello All,
I just got a Minolta spot meter m, and it works great, except that it seems to be missing the cine feature. According to the manual, which I obtained online, when setting the shutter speed, there should be a speed of 1/50, which is equivalent to 1/48, situated on the scale AFTER th 30min setting. However, there is no such to be found. Now, it's not that big of a deal, since I can adjust my shutter speed for 1/60, or I can meter for 1/30 and 1/60, and use it to calculate my exposure, or any number of ways. I'm just perplexed why the manual would describe a (rather important) feature that is nowhere to be found in the actual model. Has anyone else come across this strange phenomenon?
Best,
Brian Rose

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hello All,
I just got a Minolta spot meter m, and it works great, except that it seems to be missing the cine feature. According to the manual, which I obtained online, when setting the shutter speed, there should be a speed of 1/50, which is equivalent to 1/48, situated on the scale AFTER th 30min setting. However, there is no such to be found. Now, it's not that big of a deal, since I can adjust my shutter speed for 1/60, or I can meter for 1/30 and 1/60, and use it to calculate my exposure, or any number of ways. I'm just perplexed why the manual would describe a (rather important) feature that is nowhere to be found in the actual model. Has anyone else come across this strange phenomenon?
Best,
Brian Rose

Did you check the other end of the shutter speed scale? I had a spotmeter F and I thought 1/50th was on the fast end of the scale. I don't know why they can't just stick it in between 1/30 and 1/60 where it belongs.

#3 Brian Rose

Brian Rose
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Student
  • Kansas City area

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and 1/50 is nowhere to be found, it seems. Truly odd. But, it could be worse. As is, it's only a minor thing. All I need to do to get my exposure for 1/48 is to close down 1/4 from whatever reading I get for 1/60, so it's pretty simple. Probably more accurate too, than relying upon the rounded up figure of 1/50. But it's still odd, nonetheless! Thanks again!
Best,
BR

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Glidecam

The Slider

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

CineLab