• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:13 AM

I made this short vid on miniDV to test the capabilities of my new portable sound studio, the BOSS Micro BR. I was going to purchase the M-AUDIO MICROTRACK, but Guitar Center was sold out so I got this one for $250USD. I feel it was worth the money. Let's see what the rest of you think. I realize the footage isnt the best, and it isnt meant to be as it is just a single CCD miniDV recorder with only a 100W flood light pointed at me. The Micro BR track ended up syncing perfectly and easily with the miniDV footage. The microphone I used was an Audix UEM-81 cardioid condenser. Feel free to critique the audio (or my guitar playing ;) as you see fit. Dont waste your breath about the video as this was not about the video and all my REAL work I do on Super 8.

Link to vid:

#2 Douglas Hunter

Douglas Hunter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

There is a great deal of noise on the audio tracks. I'm assuming a certain level of background noise but I suspect there is a lot of system noise in this as well. While the BOSS might be a good low cost way to record music, there are two problems for film applications. 1) no XLR inputs. 2) very difficult to ride levels while recording. What format does it record in, Mp3? That would be another problem.

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS