1 reply to this topic

#1 Darrell Abney

Darrell Abney
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Director

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:41 AM

Hi I am shooting a short in 2 days and just got access to the consumer Canon HV20. I know this isnt the best HD cam out there, but I was hoping I could get some barebones tips on shooting with this.

I plan on using HDV tape (the capture card route is too pricey for my project) and I plan on turning on Cinemode to get the 24p. Other than that Im not that familiar with this camera.

Any input will be appreciated. Im using this with an Arri light kit and bounce cards, silks, etc.

- Darrell

#2 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

Hi I am shooting a short in 2 days and just got access to the consumer Canon HV20. I know this isnt the best HD cam out there, but I was hoping I could get some barebones tips on shooting with this.

I plan on using HDV tape (the capture card route is too pricey for my project) and I plan on turning on Cinemode to get the 24p. Other than that Im not that familiar with this camera.

Any input will be appreciated. Im using this with an Arri light kit and bounce cards, silks, etc.

- Darrell

I just bought one and shot a music video. I got some problem footage on a low light shot while I was moving the camera too much. I think it is an issue with the rolling shutter. But I have not shot any more yet to test and try to recreate the problem

Glidecam

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider