#1 John Adolfi

John Adolfi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Producer
  • Fulton, N.Y.

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:12 AM

As I went back to self study FCP 4.5 I hooked my camera canon minidv with the fire wire to my Mac. I loaded FCP and it loaded fine without the box that cannot find the camera source. So it did recognise the camera ok. However it does not show VTR OK under the browser. FCP will not run the camera. I tried another Video camera, same results and both cameras had the switch to VCR or play. Any ideas? Thanks. BTW it has worked fine in the past but its been a year since I toyed with this.

#2 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:50 AM

Some cameras in the menu have the option of changing the "AV -> DV Out" or "DV In -> AV Out" function.

Don't know if it's a solution, but who knows, it could be :/

#3 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

As I went back to self study FCP 4.5 I hooked my camera canon minidv with the fire wire to my Mac. I loaded FCP and it loaded fine without the box that cannot find the camera source. So it did recognise the camera ok. However it does not show VTR OK under the browser. FCP will not run the camera. I tried another Video camera, same results and both cameras had the switch to VCR or play. Any ideas? Thanks. BTW it has worked fine in the past but its been a year since I toyed with this.

could be a number of issues especially considering you are using such an old build. if you state which mac, video card, OS and version of QT you are using I might be able to help.

keith

#4 John Adolfi

John Adolfi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Producer
  • Fulton, N.Y.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

I own a Mac G5 with Safari 3.03 and Tiger 10.4.10 My two cameras are cheap Canon and JVC mini DV fire wire from camera to G5. Turn on FCP loads fine. I then load the Capture window and there it says "No Communication" where VTR OK should read. Not sure what to do next?

#5 John Adolfi

John Adolfi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Producer
  • Fulton, N.Y.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

I own a Mac G5 with Safari 3.03 and Tiger 10.4.10 My two cameras are cheap Canon and JVC mini DV fire wire from camera to G5. Turn on FCP loads fine. I then load the Capture window and there it says "No Communication" where VTR OK should read. Not sure what to do next?

Must be the camera cause I got one to work. Thanks for listening.

Opal

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Technodolly

CineLab