Bo Price
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:30 PM

Hey everybody,

I?m shooting a short film in L.A. in October on the Aaton A-Minima. I?m doing it myself (and handheld) ? but I?ve never used an A-Minima before.

So...I would like to hire a good AC who is very familiar with the A-Minima, who can load it, etc. and also serve as Mentor to me, as I barrel through this.

If he/she can do handheld as well that?s a great plus, as a few shots might have more than one camera going at the same time. (We are mixing in some Super-8 and regular 16 with a Canon Scoopic.)

I can pay $200/day for four days of shooting. I know this might be low, but this is the only position that is getting paid anything. The rest of the budget is going entirely to film stock, camera rentals, telecine, etc. But I know how important this position is, so I?d like to offer something to get somebody with experience.

The short is called ?Primitive Technology.? It?s about a group of misfits who build inventions out of old crap they find (TVs, cellphones, etc.) We?re shooting a lot of it downtown, on rooftops, parking lots, etc. It should be (famous last words!) fun.

If anyone is interested, or knows somebody I could contact, please let me know and I can tell you more about the project, etc.

Thanks so much,
Bo

p.s. To give you an idea of the ?style? of the film ? you can check out a Super-8 short I made years ago:

www.boprice.com

Imagine the same thing, but in Super-16!

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:44 PM

Hey, Bo. I sent you a PM about this.

Abel Cine

CineLab

CineTape

Ritter Battery