#1 Ana Moya

Ana Moya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

Hi, i´m from Spain, sorry for my english.
I´m going to shoot a short film on miniDV. I found a location, but the problem is the room, it is very small and the roof is not high, 2 meter. The plot is a interview, and the photography would be like the scene Blade Runner, Leo´s interview. What kind of lighting i need and position?? thanks.
Posted Image

Attached Images

• GetAttachment.jpg

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

First, you need to go to My Controls and change your Display Name to a real first and last name, as per the forum rules. Thanks.

The Leon interview was essentially one big blue-ish light coming through a high window (probably a carbon arc), sidelighting the actors, in a smoked room (fill could just be a white card reflecting the key back up into the faces). So the space is less of an issue than the arrangement relative to a window or other big source sidelightling the actors.

#3 Ana Moya

Ana Moya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

First, you need to go to My Controls and change your Display Name to a real first and last name, as per the forum rules. Thanks.

The Leon interview was essentially one big blue-ish light coming through a high window (probably a carbon arc), sidelighting the actors, in a smoked room (fill could just be a white card reflecting the key back up into the faces). So the space is less of an issue than the arrangement relative to a window or other big source sidelightling the actors.

What do you think using COTELUX 255R 2x55W or COTELUX 455L 240W as keylight, two much light for that small place??

#4 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

What do you think using COTELUX 255R 2x55W or COTELUX 455L 240W as keylight, two much light for that small place??

Depends on how far away you can back it up (preferably, outside of a window) and what f-stop you want to shoot at, and what else you are balancing the light's intensity to.

#5 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:59 PM

Posted Image

I kinda like the simple setup you have now! Ha ha

Very simple, logical, practical, and only needing maybe a little backlight or kickers for closeups.

Edited by Jonathan Bowerbank, 01 October 2007 - 06:59 PM.

#6 Xavier Plaza

Xavier Plaza
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Guayaquil - Ecuador

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

I kinda like the simple setup you have now! Ha ha

Very simple, logical, practical, and only needing maybe a little backlight or kickers for closeups.

I'm agree with Jonathan, and perhaps those "paper lamps" on your desk could perfectly work in the background or in the floor( as kickers)... i think we change your original setup :lol: , but i could work

Xavier Plaza

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Abel Cine