2 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Ellerman

Alex Ellerman
  • Sustaining Members
  • 228 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

Anyone know any of the technical specs / postproduction behind the webisodes? I watched all the behind the scenes stuff on the fearnet.com website and they didn't give much away... I like the concept and execution of the webisodes, would love to learn about them.
Blood Trails

#2 Mike Williamson

Mike Williamson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hey Alex, I shot 2nd unit for "Blood Trails" so I can give you a few of the specs for the project. From what I understand, the main footage was shot on Panavision F900's here in Los Angeles at a warehouse/soundstage using two cameras for most of the setups. I'm not sure what effects house they worked with or where it was color graded. For the 2nd unit footage, we went down to New Orleans with an HVX-200 doing mainly establishing and location shots, including as many shots of the sun rising and setting as possible. We shot the material clean (daylight white balance), again not sure what the color correction process was like.

Writer/co-producer Ben Ketai is a friend of mine, so I'll see if he has anything to add to this post, maybe something about post production. What aspects of post are you curious about, Alex?

#3 Alex Ellerman

Alex Ellerman
  • Sustaining Members
  • 228 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

Mike - Congrats! i was impressed by the idea / concept / execution of the webisodes... they're more exciting than the trailer of the film for my money. I was definitely interested in the camera - i liked the way some of the lights and practicals were blown out - and i wondered if it was an hvx... and i wanted to know how much color grading/DI went on with the footage.

The trailers were well written & edited, great individual moments and mastery of suspense.

i read up as much as i could on HR & Variety and elsewhere but most of the info focused on fearnet.com
I think this is a great marketing tool for the film - and really - could spawn a tv show very easily.
Thanks for your reply - again, good job!
ae

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

The Slider

Opal

Aerial Filmworks