#1 Jon Petro

Jon Petro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Film Loader

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

Hello,

I have two motors for my Eclair NPR. One is working perfectly, the other cannot hold sync.

The one that cannot hold sync is a Perfectone Compact Crystal motor, and it is much much quieter than the Beala motor which does run crystal.

When the Perfectone Runs the sync light flickers, which to me means it is probably very very close to running perfectly. I would like to check the sync on this motor, but I don't know how to do it.

Bernie O' told me it was very close to 24, in the decimals. How does he get this measurement. Curious if anyone knows, feel free to shed some light.

Jon

#2 Jon Kukla

Jon Kukla
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

There are several devices which can check this. Precision strobes and POMs are what you're looking for. With the strobes, you enter in your frame rate, shine it at the shutter (leave the lens mount open), and run the camera. A synced shutter should not drift in position over time. The POMs generate blinking lights - sometimes a sequential row or circle - and you enter the frame rate, put a lens on the camera, and look at the POM thru the eyepiece while the camera's running. A single light should stay at a constant brightness, while the sequential lights should individually remain consistently on or off.

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera