#1 Kevin Olmsted

Kevin Olmsted
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Producer

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:03 AM

Hello all...

I am primarily involved with video cinematography but I have been a Super 8 hobbyist for the last 9 years or so doing travel documentaries, experimental projects and other personal-type projects.

I have recently decided to try my hand at 16mm. I've been researching the less expensive cameras available so I can dip my toe in the water without going broke. Ebay has been my primary source of pricing information and comparison and I'm pretty sure the Krasnogorsk 3 is the camera I want to start out with.

Most of the people selling them on ebay are from Russia and are selling them in the $200 range. Has anybody bought from these foreign sellers? Are any of them more or less reputable than others? Is this a good price? Most of the domestic retailers that offer them through their websites start theirs at around $500 and some have modifications that I think a newbie like me may not need or want.

Also, some cameras on Ebay have a baynet mount lens and some have an M42. Does it matter which one I get? Advantages or disadvantages?

I really appreciate any help or advice anyone here can offer.

Kevin

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

Kevin

HI kevin, The K-3 is one of the all time favorite topics, and there are HUNDREEDS of posts about the good the bad and the UGLY of this popular camera. Yes folks do buy them from europe and beyond, yes they (sometimes) work well, yes they have either a pentax mount or a russian Bayonet mount and that gives you two different sets of lenes to work with. ALL Explained in the prvious postings on the subject..

PLease do a Search for K-3 and for the Cameras full name in the 16mm Forum. After you have read the discussions you can add your questions and those who have used them can tell you of their experiences both good and bad. The K-3 is used by a lot of the Members here with great results. Others have had some challenges.

#3 NickolasB

NickolasB

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other
  • Barnaul, Altayregion, Russia

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

Hello all...

I am primarily involved with video cinematography but I have been a Super 8 hobbyist for the last 9 years or so doing travel documentaries, experimental projects and other personal-type projects.

I have recently decided to try my hand at 16mm. I've been researching the less expensive cameras available so I can dip my toe in the water without going broke. Ebay has been my primary source of pricing information and comparison and I'm pretty sure the Krasnogorsk 3 is the camera I want to start out with.

Most of the people selling them on ebay are from Russia and are selling them in the $200 range. Has anybody bought from these foreign sellers? Are any of them more or less reputable than others? Is this a good price? Most of the domestic retailers that offer them through their websites start theirs at around $500 and some have modifications that I think a newbie like me may not need or want.

Also, some cameras on Ebay have a baynet mount lens and some have an M42. Does it matter which one I get? Advantages or disadvantages?

Kevin

Hello Kevin.
My name Nickolay and I Russian seller. Now have 1 K-3 in near NEW condition in carton box for 195$ + shipment. Probably you will become interested in it. If you have any questions on Russian equipment - I will try to answer you.

p.s. I sell on eBay since 2003. Sent still image cameras and movie cameras (and also the other equipment) in the different countries, and in the USA too. FOR all time of problems did not arise almost.

I have opened recently besides eBay the web-shop: http://store.siberian-shop.com.
Look, if it is interesting to you.
Here the reference on K-3 which I sell:

http://store.siberia...-box-p-193.html

Thanks.
Yours faithfully Nickolay Belous.
Siberian-shop.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Opal

CineLab