2 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Worster

Alex Worster
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Film Loader

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

I was wondering if anybody has any info on what kind of bounce Lubezki used for all those great natural light scenes? Your standard foamcore, ultra bounce, mirrors, etc? I assume he used a lot of bounce because he didn't employ any lights for the majority. I haven’t yet gotten a hold on the ASC article on the film so I thought I'd try here first.

I guess I'm also looking for a little info in general on different kinds of bounce... characteristics, etc. I know there are no concrete formulas for what to use in a given situation but when would you use one as opposed to another and why?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone has to offer.

Edited by Alex Worster, 10 October 2007 - 12:46 PM.

#2 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

I was wondering if anybody has any info on what kind of bounce Lubezki used for all those great natural light scenes? Your standard foamcore, ultra bounce, mirrors, etc? I assume he used a lot of bounce because he didn't employ any lights for the majority. I haven?t yet gotten a hold on the ASC article on the film so I thought I'd try here first.

Look at the extras on the DVD. Since Malik refuses to be filmed, there's a lot of Lubezki at work.

#3 Alex Worster

Alex Worster
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Film Loader

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the reply, I watched that and it was great watching him work but I don't remember him talking about what kind of bounces he was using and why. Although I would like to know what he used, if anybody knows, I'd really like to know what you working DPs are using and why? Like a method behind the madness type of deal.

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

The Slider

CineLab