#1 Gilbert fachkha

Gilbert fachkha
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • canada

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

hello , ihave in supermarket a travelling shot going directly to the women talking on the phone when the camera stop i want to still the background and the forground keep in motion in a medium shot.
i was thinking to put a chroma 1to 2 meter long directly after the girl then when we finish the scene i take in the same position frame the background.

did anyone have another solution more easy, thank you

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:35 AM

"GilbertF" you need to go to My Controls and edit your Display Name into a real first and last name, as per the forum rules listed when you registered. Thanks.

The main problem is the tracking shot, which either requires motion control or a lot of post tracking work to line up the movement in the two elements. If it were a static shot, it would be simple to shoot a background plate and a chromakey foreground element. If there is no perspective shift (if the lens is not too wide-angle) it may be possible to shoot the foreground static and "slide" it into the shot in post as if you were tracking onto it, matching the speed of the camera move on the background (which should be as smooth & even as possible.) But it is still tricky to line-up and I'd talk to whoever is doing the composite and ask them what they need.

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Opal

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC