#1 Derick Avitt

Derick Avitt

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

I just picked up a IIc that appears to be in good shape, I'm a little worried about storage as the cover plate for the top of the camera is missing (The little plate the should go into the hole left behind when the mag is removed).

Is there someplace I could find a replacement or do I need to have my metalworking friend come up with something. Right now I'm leaving a 200' mag attached but I'm worried about traveling in that configuration.

#2 Henri Titchen

Henri Titchen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:16 AM

Visual Products have a lot of Arri 2 gear. They would be worth a call.

Henry.

I just picked up a IIc that appears to be in good shape, I'm a little worried about storage as the cover plate for the top of the camera is missing (The little plate the should go into the hole left behind when the mag is removed).

Is there someplace I could find a replacement or do I need to have my metalworking friend come up with something. Right now I'm leaving a 200' mag attached but I'm worried about traveling in that configuration.

#3 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

I got mine off eBay, they show up there from time to time. Searches for "Arri" and "Arriflex" in "All Categories" will find Arri cameras and accessories. The cover is pretty simple, a machinist could knock one out from a piece of 3/16" (or so) aluminum plate in less than an hour. The cover has a bevel front and rear that locks the cover in like a mag. Lacking a mill, you could make one out of two pieces of 1/8" aluminum sandwiched together, the lower piece having a hand filed bevel and the upper a flat plate to sit on top of the camera. Paint it with Krylon #1602 Ultra Flat Black and attach a small hardware store knob in the center, it'll look and work just like an official Arri plate.

#4 Derick Avitt

Derick Avitt

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the help; I have a buddy with a small machine shop so the thought had occurred to me - figure I could use the mag base as a template of sorts.

I'm pretty excited - I found a flatbase adapter for it and am putting a deposit on a John Russel tap with a new Carl Jurgen camera, it's black and white but that suits me just fine.

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies