Michael Rizzi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • LA

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hey all,

I've just finished shooting a feature with the HVX200 and the P+S Technik 35mm adapter. It's in post right now and it seems we have received more money for the post budget. This opens up a lot of new doors. I will now be able to do a nice online color correct (as opposed to FCP) and the director has talked of creating a print. I have shot a lot on the HVX but never with the intention of printing to film. (To be honest, I've never printed anything to film, I've shot plenty of film, but it's all stayed digital afterwards). Just wondering if there's a certain post workflow, once the picture is locked, that I should adhere to, especially now that the option of printing is on the table. Differences in color timing, contrast, etc? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Riz

#2 Michael Nash

Michael Nash
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3330 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Pasadena, CA

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

Give EFilm a call.

Welcome back.

#3 Adam Thompson

Adam Thompson
  • Sustaining Members
  • 161 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

Seriously man, they should use that money for reps. and marketing. Let the buyer print and show it on a pro HD or 2K projector instead. A buyer will want to add or take things off anyway but you'll have a locked print. I've seen $1mil. films that dont print because of that.

Very bad idea in my opinion.

#4 Michael Rizzi

Michael Rizzi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • LA

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

Seriously man, they should use that money for reps. and marketing. Let the buyer print and show it on a pro HD or 2K projector instead. A buyer will want to add or take things off anyway but you'll have a locked print. I've seen $1mil. films that dont print because of that.

Very bad idea in my opinion.

Adam,

That's excellent advice. I'll bring that up with the director. So assuming we will go to print, anything I should look out for when doing the "DI"? I'll be calling EFilm (thanks Nash), but just trying to get some other professional opinions and what people have done in the past. Thanks.

Riz

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc