Photo

Pathe Webo 16 M. Shutter timing issue. Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Richard Tuohy

Richard Tuohy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Daylesford, Australia

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

So I have a pathe webo m 16. Nice old thing. Easy to take the front of the camera body off. With the front of the body comes the claw mechanism and the pressure plate and the shutter. As I say, easy to pull off. Harder to get the shutter and the claw in the right spot again when you put the front back on again. So that is where i am at. The front goes on again, but now the shutter and claw are miss timed such that there is a slight smearing of the image. Bugger. I have tinkered with it for ages trying to find just the right spot to align the shutter and claw, but I haven't got it right yet. There must be a simple fact to the matter: something like 'have the shutter blade fully this way or partly that way and the claw cam thingy in such and such a precise spot ...'. Help please!
cheers,
Richard

#2 Don Brown

Don Brown
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Sound Department
  • The Original Boston UK

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

So I have a pathe webo m 16. Nice old thing. Easy to take the front of the camera body off. With the front of the body comes the claw mechanism and the pressure plate and the shutter. As I say, easy to pull off. Harder to get the shutter and the claw in the right spot again when you put the front back on again. So that is where i am at. The front goes on again, but now the shutter and claw are miss timed such that there is a slight smearing of the image. Bugger. I have tinkered with it for ages trying to find just the right spot to align the shutter and claw, but I haven't got it right yet. There must be a simple fact to the matter: something like 'have the shutter blade fully this way or partly that way and the claw cam thingy in such and such a precise spot ...'. Help please!
cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard
This is the chap you need to speak to

http://www.webodoctor.co.uk/index.htm

Don

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets