Photo

720/24P HVX200 Avid Workflow ideas!! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Finlin

Matthew Finlin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Director

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

Hi, I am currently shooting a new film in 720/24P on the HVX200. I am a newbie so please bare with me. A production company in Taiwan is producing my film, and since I am Canadian and cannot speak Mandarin it makes the film process that much more difficult.

They are using Edius as their editing system yet I am only familiar with Avid. Also their programs are all in Chinese. The producer has assigned a "helper" to get me familiar with Edius, yet he is proving to be more of a deterrent than helpful. I cannot not begin to tell you the immense amount of frustration I am experiencing and the time that is wasted everyday. My life would be a million times easier if I can edit on my own system from my home using Avid.

My questions are: Can I import 720/24P avi clips from a Citidisk into Avid Xpress Pro? We tried the other day but when playing it back we just heard the audio. Am I missing codecs? I have tried searching but no avail.

Any sort of workflow ideas to enable me to edit at home in English on Avid would be more than helpful. I cannot stress to you all enough how difficult things have been. Many thanks for any of your ideas/suggestions. :blink:

Tai Audio

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

CineLab

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment