#1 Lavern Templeton

Lavern Templeton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Student

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

Hello,
I use a Minolta XL401 and I just bought a roll of Ektachrome 64T. I normally use B&W film but I wanted to change it up a little. According to Super8 Wiki, i'd need to adjust 2/3 stop underexposure to get proper exposer for this film. Has anyone had to do this with their camera, and what have been the results using this stock?
Thanks

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:24 AM

Hello,
I use a Minolta XL401 and I just bought a roll of Ektachrome 64T. I normally use B&W film but I wanted to change it up a little. According to Super8 Wiki, i'd need to adjust 2/3 stop underexposure to get proper exposer for this film. Has anyone had to do this with their camera, and what have been the results using this stock?
Thanks

I'm going to presume that when you shoot BW you get good results with the autoexposure???

If that is the case then keep a cartridge of BW film around and do ASA and f-stop comparisons between the two stocks.
Put the camera on a tripod and swap out the two cartridges and see how much the f-stop changes. Then see if the f-stop difference coincides with the change in ASA between the two stocks. Manually adjust the exposure in case if you feel the exposure is not consistent with the change of ASA. This method should work as long as you have been happy with the cameras performance when shooting black and white film.

#3 Lavern Templeton

Lavern Templeton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Student

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

Auto and manual deliver solid exposure results. Thanks for the tip. BTW, Alessandro, have you ever re-calibrated the internal light meter on a camera?

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab