JohnBellville

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

I have two questions:

1) Which chemicals will I need to purchase for a b+w reversal process of tri-x (fixer, bleach, chemistry)? The local camera store only sells chemicals for 35mm still photography b+w reversal.

2) I shot two rolls of tri x with my Braun Nizo, but forgot to put batteries in the light meter slot (so there was absolutely no regulation of light intake). Will I be able to salvage images from either rolls if I pull the film drastically, and, if so, how much should I pull it and when?

Thanks alot!

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

1) Which chemicals will I need to purchase for a b+w reversal process of tri-x (fixer, bleach, chemistry)? The local camera store only sells chemicals for 35mm still photography b+w reversal.

if you poke arround on the Kodak Motion site you will find the procesing manuals for Kadak B&W reversal. you can mix the formauls from basic chemicals.

2) I shot two rolls of tri x with my Braun Nizo, but forgot to put batteries in the light meter slot (so there was absolutely no regulation of light intake). Will I be able to salvage images from either rolls if I pull the film drastically, and, if so, how much should I pull it and when?

Look and see what you camera would try to expose at under those conditions, and compair with the "right expsure" if you are close you will be Ok, of you are more than 4 stops out you probaly have an exppensive mistake under your belt.

#3 Richardson Leao

Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

kodak reversal films are very rewarding, so it's likely you will get something. get a small piece and do tests, 5' 1st dev and fix and look how dense the neg is (or bleach and see how much milky white you can see - or red bits if you don't clear it)

Also, hidroquinone based developers (i like d19) will all work w/ trix (and remember that it's a fast film and my s8 keeps the diaphragm opened if there's no battery so maybe pushing is not what u need to do.

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera