Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

Hello All,

I wanted to wait until production progressed a bit more to start discussing my film group's current project, Niente: The Movie. It's a feature length sketch comedy film that is going to be shot entirely on Super-8mm and telecined in High Definition. We're about a quarter of the way through shooting and we plan to have a completed project by the end of 2008. By complete, I mean ready for submission to festivals. The movie's site has been up since about August: NientePeaches.com. Here's a run down of the updates on the film we'll be making over the next month or two:

-11/22/07 More production stills added to the site
-Late November a new podcast episode will be added. We do a monthly audio podcast discussion show. You can listen to it here.
-We also feature a web comic on the site, which will move from being a monthly update to a bi-weekly one starting in December.
-11/24/07 we will have the first installment in a video webisode series called, Niente: Behind the Scenes.
-11/25/07 We will have the teaser trailer to the film available for viewing.
-1/1/08 We will the same trailer available in HD.

As far as actual production goes, it's a quarter of the way through as I mentioned and it is in Super-8 and xfered to HD. We shoot using a Nizo 3056, Canon 514 XL and Beaulieu 6008s. Thus far we've shot in Athens, Greece as well as various towns in Connecticut, NYC, and will filming abroad once more. At this point we've been exclusively shooting on Kodak stocks including E-64T and V2-200T. We hope to branch out with other companies ad stocks. We feel that each sketch has it's own look, so we're determined to use just about all known stocks available for Super-8. We're even working with some rare ones like k-40 and Agfa Moviechrome. I won't bother posting updates like new web comics etc. But I will write back on this thread once the teaser and behind the scenes media are released. I would love to hear peope's feedback.

For now, here are some production stills:

click here

And a couple stills from the movie itself:

click here

#2 Ernie Zahn

Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you my film group's feature length Super-8 film finally has a teaser trailer ready:

http://blip.tv/file/616051

The footage featured in that teaser was shot using a Nizo 3056 with 64T stock and a Canon 514 XL with 64T and 200T. Let me know what you think. There'll be a longer trailer out in August.

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab