#1 Terry Rayment

Terry Rayment

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:34 AM

In mid January my friend and I are co-directing a video for a band. We are shooting it in an abandoned house and want to get the eerie, green look like this example:

Also, we are going to have an introduction of the guys coming up to the house. We want some nice lighting but still want to keep it a fairly natural look. Overall, with the interior and exterior, should we go HMI or Tungsten lighting?
The video is going to be shot on HVX200 (720pn) with a 35mm adapter and 50mm lens.

Thanks!

#2 David E. McMurray

David E. McMurray
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:16 AM

In mid January my friend and I are co-directing a video for a band. We are shooting it in an abandoned house and want to get the eerie, green look like this example:

Also, we are going to have an introduction of the guys coming up to the house. We want some nice lighting but still want to keep it a fairly natural look. Overall, with the interior and exterior, should we go HMI or Tungsten lighting?
The video is going to be shot on HVX200 (720pn) with a 35mm adapter and 50mm lens.

Thanks!

The video is desaturated and shot with florescence so HMI is closer than Tungsten. HMI will have missing wave lengths of light like the florescence, but not nearly as messed up. But other than any post tweaking, the shiny green floor under the florescence is what really gave it the eerie green look.

Glidecam

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC