1 reply to this topic

#1 David Regan

David Regan
  • Sustaining Members
  • 218 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • New York

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

I have some 16mm Vision2 500T that has been sitting in my freezer for about the past 8 months, a short end and factory sealed rolls. I got it from someone else who had purchased it about a year prior to that. I think I can remember reading that sometimes compensation is required when shooting faster stocks that have just been in storage for a long time. I was thinking to us the stock I have for testing purposes, but am not sure if I should make judgements based on the older stock for ultimately shooting on brand new ordered stock. Should I be safe, or should I do my testing on brand new stock as well?

Thanks

#2 Dominic Case

Dominic Case
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

Do your testing on brand new rolls - otherwise you aren't testing the stock you are gong to use!

But be a bit clever, and slip in a little test on one of your freezer rolls too - with a bracket of exposures. Don't forget to bring it to room temeperature slowly and completely before loading it.

If the freezer stuff works well, you can use it - some of it will take the place of the new roll you used for testing, so you aren't wasting anything. If it needs an exposure correction, you'll have the comparison with new stock to get the best match. And if it's cactus, you'll be glad you didn't rely on it for your main testing.

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post