duo 8 projector?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 veltliner

veltliner
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:58 AM

Hello

Can anyone suggest a good, reliable 8mm/super 8 projector? I'm an artist working in both double 8mm ans super 8mm and I need a high quality dual 8 projector. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks alot

Veltliner

#2 andy oliver

andy oliver
  • Sustaining Members
  • 258 posts
  • Other
  • uk

Posted 22 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

Hi, bauer T183, noris- norimat special-D, eumig 810hqs would be the top of my list. The noris being the best for lite output using the standard 100 watt lamp, also rear sprung gate, and option of the schneider f1.1 11-30 projection lens, you'll also ( if you find one ) find that not many people are aware of noris projectors, so the dont seem to command the high price of eumig and bauers... Of course the bauer can also take the same 11-30 lens, but with a smaller 28mm barrell. How that sorta helps.

#3 Michael Lehnert

Michael Lehnert
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Other
  • London, UK / Basel, CH

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

If you don't require the built-in commag module of the Bauer T 183 automatic duoplay, I would suggest to track down a Bauer T 82 (yes, no further name add-on with that machine) with the Schneider Xenovaron 1:1,3 /11-30mm lens, variable speed from 16 2/3 to 24, 6 fps slow motion gear plus stop-frame function, and to light-levels for the sufficient 100W spot. It takes 120m reels, but if you saw away the threader on the take-up side (can be extremely easily be done by DIY incompetents), it accepts 180m reels.

A beautifully simple Normal 8 & Super 8 projector from the last Bauer generation, sturdily built (better than Noris, less so than Eumigs, but still more light-weigt and easier to transport than Eumigs as those were always heavy componentry-wise).

One sold on eBay for 80 EUR (117 USD) but with the lesser Vario Travenon 1:1,3 / 16,5-30mm, and I think there is one on there currently at 55 EUR.

Edited by Michael Lehnert, 23 November 2007 - 02:21 PM.

#4 andy oliver

andy oliver
  • Sustaining Members
  • 258 posts
  • Other
  • uk

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Yeh, couldn't think of the bauer silent model, as i only own the t183, so the T82 must be high on the wish list. HHHmmm, bauer better than noris, electronically wise, absolute no question, remember the noris has a metal gate, while the bauer has a plastic gate, sometime very difficult to obtain all over sharp images on the bauer, also lite output is better on the noris, my noris special-d couple with the 1.1 lens puts a better standard 8 image on the screen that both my T183 coupled with the same lens. Noris, better edge to edge sharpness, brighter, rear sprung gate, best std 8 image i've seen. Given the choice i would opt for the bauer, being last generation, dual 8 projector.

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Opal

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

CineTape