#1 Nooman Naqvi

Nooman Naqvi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Student
  • Chicago

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:43 PM

Body only. and how much will the super-16 conversion cost?

#2 Nick Mulder

Nick Mulder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:49 PM

www.bolex.ch - the prices are all there ...

As for 2nd hand the prices are as changeable as the wind, think $1000+ easy - searching for completed listings on ebay might give you an idea ...

#3 Nooman Naqvi

Nooman Naqvi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Student
  • Chicago

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:23 PM

http://www.bolex.ch/NEW/?p=6

Their page tells price of everything but Bolex EL. Can you give me a rough estimate?

#4 Nick Mulder

Nick Mulder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:52 AM

Their page tells price of everything but Bolex EL. Can you give me a rough estimate?

How bout you email them and get an exact estimate (and then post it here for others who aren't as resourceful as yourself) - while you're at it you could suggest to them that they update their website with the price ;)

#5 cedric gaul-berrard

cedric gaul-berrard

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Electrician

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:54 AM

Body only. and how much will the super-16 conversion cost?

I have a bolex EL III last serie. I'm thinking about selling it (I bought an older bolex that suits me better since I'm doing long exposure now). It is in very good condition and it has made really good film (I shot 6 rolls with it and a kern lens) it has been fully checked and the battery is 2 years old from DuAll in new york. tell me if you're interested.
ilbarbizo@yahoo.com

#6 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

I think the only one they still make is the SBM. They are assembling from spare parts and have run out of lens turrets so can't make the Rex-5 any more, for example. Or so I hear.

We will be re-introducing our TXM-22A crystal motor for Arri S and M. Is there any interest in us also making again our crystal motors and crystal controls for the Bolex cameras?

#7 banba ban

banba ban
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

I think the only one they still make is the SBM. They are assembling from spare parts and have run out of lens turrets so can't make the Rex-5 any more, for example. Or so I hear.

We will be re-introducing our TXM-22A crystal motor for Arri S and M. Is there any interest in us also making again our crystal motors and crystal controls for the Bolex cameras?

Hi Clive,

I am interested in a crystal motor for my RX5 camera, however I would find it much more practical to use if it was able to be powered from my existing EBM (PONAL) battery handgrip.
Would a 4 pin to Tuchel plug adapter cable do the trick??
Would the battery in these handgrips (1300Ah new battery) power the motor sufficiently?
If so it would avoid the need for an external battery pack and the inconvenience associated with it.

#8 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

Hi Clive,I am interested in a crystal motor for my RX5 camera, however I would find it much more practical to use if it was able to be powered from my existing EBM (PONAL) battery handgrip.
Would a 4 pin to Tuchel plug adapter cable do the trick??
Would the battery in these handgrips (1300Ah new battery) power the motor sufficiently?
If so it would avoid the need for an external battery pack and the inconvenience associated with it.

It would not be hard to make a plug adapter pigtail for this. I think our motor likely draws more current than the little one inside an EBM though, because of the extra gears etc. You should be able to safely film a couple of rolls I would think, if the battery grip is in good shape still, but past that would require tests to verify.

#9 Tim Terner

Tim Terner
  • Sustaining Members
  • 340 posts
  • Producer
  • Prague, CZ

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:45 AM

Any plans on producing motors for the NPR Clive ?

#10 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

Any plans on producing motors for the NPR Clive ?

Not at this time. We weren't selling too many of the TXM-14 motors towards the end there. To make another batch we would have to do 25 or more or else the costs would go sky high. And based on the previous sales data we would never sell 25.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Opal

Metropolis Post