Wireless recommendations for low budget stedicam operator
Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:27 PM
1. Wireless transmitter and reciever (with XLR connectors) for a boom mic.
2. Wireless transmitter and reciever for head phones.
3. Wireless transmitter and reciever for monitor.
4. Boom (about 15ft. range), Microphone (mostly outdoors shooting), and windsock (the big fuzzy ones)
5. Panasonic HVX-200 -least expensive, RELIABLE retailer (i am well aware of the online "bargain deals"
Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:42 PM
We are beginning a production in January and i am seeking advice on a few pieces of equipment. We are fairly low budget, so i am looking for the most economical route to go with these things:
Hi Rob, you're covering quite a bit of technical territory in one posting. What kind of advice specifically are you looking for? Where / what to buy, rent?
Probably the BEST place for you to look is to go the the Steadicam Forum and spend a week or two or a month searching the current postings and archives there. Just about every topic you mention is discussed in extreme detail other than where to buy an HVX. I wouldn't bother posting these questions on the Forum until you've researched the postings. Just search search search and you'll learn most everything you need. Also, if you have not yet taken a Steadicam workshop you should.
Last but not least, as a Steadicam operator we all dream of a world untethered w/o wires. The reality is you're going to have to learn to work with them, build your own lightweight audio looms and practice going tethered; it's inevitable unfortunately.
Robert Starling, SOC
Steadicam Owner Operator