5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

Can anybody tell me where I can buy film for the Bolex H8? Also, what about processing?

I called the wizards at Pro8mm and all I can hear was them scratching their heads.

#2 Michael Lehnert

Michael Lehnert
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Other
  • London, UK / Basel, CH

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

Repeat after most senior members of this forum: Do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm.

Search the forum for the rationale behind this evil post.

Re Double Super 8 film, go to Giles Perkins' http://homepage.mac.com/onsuper8/, look through this thread
http://www.cinematog...showtopic=26088
or look at the sales pages of Spectra Film & Video, Wittner Cinetec, Kahl Media Art Film, Cinevia.eu, ... sorry if I missed someone... other products are available.... Andec in Berlin..., argh, we need a pinned FAQ in this forum on such topics just like the other sub-forums have...

#3 Mike Lary

Mike Lary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

You can buy Regular 8mm from John Schwind.
http://members.aol.c...ohnSchwind.html
Yale Labs out of California used to process Regular 8. I'm not sure if they still do, but I was pleased with their work.

#4 andy oliver

andy oliver
  • Sustaining Members
  • 258 posts
  • Other
  • uk

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

Hi, try http://wittner-kinot...mm/d8_filmm.php also Dwayne's offer cinechrome 40 (k40) and 100d

#5 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

Do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm,do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm, do not waste your time with Pro8mm.

Oh poop!!

#6 Michael Lehnert

Michael Lehnert
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Other
  • London, UK / Basel, CH

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

Don't worry, Matthew, your Pro8mm 7245 will arrive. I can't wait to get some feedback from you about how it works in your 814XL-S and the results. Looking forward to it!

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

CineTape