#1 Paul James Savarese

Paul James Savarese
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • NYC

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:06 AM

Go to the below link and check out Untitled under movies: Canon 1014 Test: 64T / 500T Pro8 50mm - dvcam transfer - could be better. Just sharing some footage. Who doesn't love footage?

http://homepage.mac.com/paulsavarese/

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

Go to the below link and check out Untitled under movies: Canon 1014 Test: 64T / 500T Pro8 50mm - dvcam transfer - could be better. Just sharing some footage. Who doesn't love footage?

http://homepage.mac.com/paulsavarese/

Thanks for sharing that. There are some compelling images in there.

#3 Pete Von Tews

Pete Von Tews
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Concord CA USA

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:43 PM

Great movie! Cool bio, inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
-p

#4 Anthony Schilling

Anthony Schilling
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Portland, OR

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

That was cool. Can you tell us some stocks on a few shots? I could peg the 500T in many shots... very nice colors, sharp detail. You have different grain palettes with 64T and 500T, but the overall graininess is almost equvilant between the two?

#5 Paul James Savarese

Paul James Savarese
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • NYC

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:50 PM

That was cool. Can you tell us some stocks on a few shots? I could peg the 500T in many shots... very nice colors, sharp detail. You have different grain palettes with 64T and 500T, but the overall graininess is almost equvilant between the two?

Thanks! The grainiest shots are the 500T and the sharpest are the 50D. Ask me the shot you would like to know the stock for and I should be able to tell you.

#6 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

Thanks! The grainiest shots are the 500T and the sharpest are the 50D. Ask me the shot you would like to know the stock for and I should be able to tell you.

The above is generous of you. However I had a slightly different question. Why leave in the three or four out of focus shots? Is it possible that on some subliminal level they made all the other shots look better?

#7 Paul James Savarese

Paul James Savarese
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • NYC

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

The above is generous of you. However I had a slightly different question. Why leave in the three or four out of focus shots? Is it possible that on some subliminal level they made all the other shots look better?

Great question! While leaving in the out of focus shots may make the viewer appreciate the sharper shots that follow, this was not my intention. In my opinion super 8 has a very dreamlike quality and the "fuzziness" of the medium supports that for me as well as the hand held shakiness of it. I am always going for the cleanest shots and would normally exclude anything that compromises the quallity of the image. In this case I decided to include these shots because it just plain works with the mysterious imagery and hypnotic tone of the music. In essence it is a dreamlike sequence itself. Most of the images in this piece were random shots that I cut together to play off of each other either juxtaposing or complimenting one another all laced with a common thread or theme. Anyone who watches Untitled has there own take on what that common thread or theme is and that's the beauty an "artsy" piece like this one.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera