#1 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:43 AM

WTF?

Please do NOT attribute quotes to me that are completely erroneous, especially on a forum that I don't post on.

What a load of garbage you posted on that forum.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Magic Alex" had one or more for years and shot some teasts with it as far as i recall. apparently the results was far from decent enough to be posted on any board - ie he was very disappointed.

actual reason for i do not recall but he dropped a few lines about it here or on cinecom and he wouldnt really explain anything about it - after bragging about it for quite som time in advance..

possibly the cam doesent really produce great images for filmmaking but does well what it was designed for: analysis.

[EDIT]
some old post including brief comment from Alex: Pin-registered, high-speed Super-8 camera.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complete nonsense, all of it. Getting a bit lazy, eh?

I did post a topic http://www.filmshoot...opic.php?t=5842 and after posting that topic I kind of gave up on approaching the maker of the pin registered camera about doing another run. For every good suggestion there was another one that seemed to make the whole idea impossible to proceed with.

Because I chose to wait until I actually shot some footage shot and then transferred to video BEFORE talking about the camera another poster named Cranium acted like I was trying to hide something... http://www.filmshoot...opic.php?t=3858

The strangest part is I sent 15 minutes of pin registered transfer footage to the second annual filmshooting.com time-lapse day on my dime, all told it cost me 150 dollars for the transfer plus 150 dollars for the film stock and processing, plus shipping to Europe and now I'm accused of not posting any of the footage because it didn't come out good enough.

While I would have preferred a super-8 pin registered camera with an orientable viewfinder, the fact that the one I have does not have an orientable viewfinder does not mean I won't shoot with it.

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Opal