#1 Phil Savoie

Phil Savoie
  • Sustaining Members
  • 94 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Montana / Wales

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

Hi,

I've uncovered 5 rolls of 16mm HD Color Scan stock in the fridge. As I recall you could expose this at anything from 50 to 500 as long as it's processed accordingly. Are there any recommendations as to the ASA - has anyone any experience with this stock. I'll be shooting outside w/ daylight fiber optics.

thanks Phil

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

Hi,

I've uncovered 5 rolls of 16mm HD Color Scan stock in the fridge. As I recall you could expose this at anything from 50 to 500 as long as it's processed accordingly. Are there any recommendations as to the ASA - has anyone any experience with this stock. I'll be shooting outside w/ daylight fiber optics.

thanks Phil

It has an EI of 500. For scenes with lots of light, you can rate it at 320. Although it is balanced for 3200K lighting, no filtration is needed. The film has to be transfered via a special box that Kodak supplies the transfer house. With in this box, a "look" can be dialed in, to make it look like any other. I have not used it or know of anyone who has, please share your results from your shoot.

chris

#3 Michael Most

Michael Most
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Other

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

It has an EI of 500. For scenes with lots of light, you can rate it at 320. Although it is balanced for 3200K lighting, no filtration is needed. The film has to be transfered via a special box that Kodak supplies the transfer house. With in this box, a "look" can be dialed in, to make it look like any other. I have not used it or know of anyone who has, please share your results from your shoot.

The 35mm version of this stock (5299) is used on a number of network dramas. Boston Legal is one I specifically know about, but there are others. The Kodak box is not used in the transfer of any of them, at least to my knowledge.

#4 Vincent Sweeney

Vincent Sweeney
  • Sustaining Members
  • 686 posts
  • Director
  • LA at the moment.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:13 AM

I'm aware of tests that showed a rating of 200ASA showed the best results.

#5 Phil Savoie

Phil Savoie
  • Sustaining Members
  • 94 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Montana / Wales

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

On the Eastman website it states 500-320 but I thought it could be exposed as slower stock as well.

Many thanks for the notes.

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Glidecam

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products