#1 Jon Petro

Jon Petro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Film Loader

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hi, I hope this is in the right place.

I used Apple's Compressor and got my Reel to a size and quality that I am satisfied with. The problem is when I embed it in my web page instead of playing progressively it waits for the entire movie to download and then begins to play which takes a minute or two.

It is 3 minutes long and 20 megs which I believe is perfectly acceptable as many movie trailers and quicktime vids I find are of similar size.

I have googled streaming quicktime and found some information, yet whatever I do it does not seem to play progressively.

What could be the settings that I have off in compressor or Dreamweaver.

I used to compress with Discreet Cleaner on my PC, but now I do stuff with Apple. I am happy with compressor's results but I can't get the video to play while it downloads.

Any thoughts?

Jon

#2 Jon Petro

Jon Petro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Film Loader

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:32 PM

Hi, I hope this is in the right place.

I used Apple's Compressor and got my Reel to a size and quality that I am satisfied with. The problem is when I embed it in my web page instead of playing progressively it waits for the entire movie to download and then begins to play which takes a minute or two.

It is 3 minutes long and 20 megs which I believe is perfectly acceptable as many movie trailers and quicktime vids I find are of similar size.

I have googled streaming quicktime and found some information, yet whatever I do it does not seem to play progressively.

What could be the settings that I have off in compressor or Dreamweaver.

I used to compress with Discreet Cleaner on my PC, but now I do stuff with Apple. I am happy with compressor's results but I can't get the video to play while it downloads.

Any thoughts?

Jon

Nevermind, I forgot to Hint the .mov

Jon

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Glidecam